‘Poor guy’: Iran mocks Donald Trump as viral buffalo lookalike has lost its appetite

Iran on Friday mocked US President Donald Trump by sharing a viral video of a Bangladeshi albino buffalo resembling him, claiming the animal has lost its appetite after being compared to the American leader amid the ongoing US-Iran conflict.In a post on X, Iran’s official account in Russia wrote: “Poor guy! The Bangladeshi buffalo is upset by comparisons to Donald Trump.”The post also shared a report from Russian state media outlet RT, which said: “A Bangladeshi buffalo resembling Trump has lost his appetite after people flocked to see him.”The viral buffalo, named ‘Donald Trump’, has become a major attraction ahead of Eid al-Adha celebrations in Bangladesh’s Narayanganj district near Dhaka.The albino buffalo, weighing 700 kilograms, attracted attention online due to its blonde hair and facial features, which many social media users said resembled the US President.One visitor told local newspaper Prothom Alo, “When I saw his photos on Facebook, he looked exactly like Donald Trump. His facial structure and even hairstyle matched Trump.”Another visitor jokingly commented that the buffalo’s calm nature was a contrast to that of the US President.“Buffalo is very calm and polite by nature, which certainly doesn’t match Donald Trump,” he said.The animal’s owner Ziauddin Mridha said that after the video went viral online, crowds are coming to the farm every day to take pictures with the buffalo.He said, “My younger brother jokingly named it Donald Trump after seeing the hair on its head. It is very peaceful by nature. Albino buffaloes are generally peaceful and do not become aggressive unless provoked.”The US and Israel launched attacks on Iran on 28 February, targeting Iranian military and strategic infrastructure. The conflict led to weeks of missile attacks, drone strikes and retaliation between the two sides before an uneasy ceasefire came into force in April.Since then, tensions have remained high, with both Iran and the US continuing to exchange sharp political and diplomatic attacks online and through public statements.According to Axios, Trump met with senior officials including Vice President J.D. Vance, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and CIA Director John Ratcliffe as the White House considered the possibility of launching new strikes on Iran if ongoing talks fail.The meeting coincided with an intensification of diplomatic efforts, with Pakistan Army Chief Field Marshal Asim Munir traveling to Tehran in an apparent attempt to bridge differences and avoid a resumption of war. A Qatari delegation also reached Iran as part of mediation efforts.Trump later cut short his weekend plans and announced he would return to Washington instead to attend the wedding of his son Donald Trump Jr., citing ‘government-related circumstances’ and the need to be in the White House during a critical period.According to Axios, Trump has become increasingly frustrated with the stalled talks and is now said to be leaning towards a possible ‘decisive’ military operation if there is no breakthrough in the coming days.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Zeen Subscribe
A customizable subscription slide-in box to promote your newsletter
[mc4wp_form id="314"]
Exit mobile version