US Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Tulsi Gabbard is resigning from her post, according to a US media report on Friday, saying she plans to support her husband in his battle with “an extremely rare form of bone cancer”.According to Fox News, which first reported the development, Gabbard informed US President Donald Trump of her decision during a meeting in the Oval Office on Friday.His last working day is expected to be June 30.“My husband Abraham was recently diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer,” the report quoted Gabbard as saying in her resignation letter.“Abraham has been my rock during the eleven years of our marriage. Their strength and love have sustained me through every challenge. As long as I remain in this difficult and time-consuming situation, I cannot in good conscience ask him to face this battle alone. At this time, I must step down from public service to be by his side and fully support him in this fight,” she said.Gabbard further said that she has “made significant progress at ODNI (Office of the Director of National Intelligence) – advancing unprecedented transparency and restoring integrity to the intelligence community” but acknowledged that “there is still significant work to be done.”“I am fully committed to ensuring a smooth and thorough transition in the coming weeks so that you and your team experience no disruption in leadership or momentum,” he said.Gabbard was appointed to the post in February last year, soon after Trump began his second and final term in the White House. He served as the eighth US Director of National Intelligence.