The strongest indication so far that Rajkumar Harry and King Charles could be ready to handle their stressful relationships, senior partners from both sides met in London last week. The meeting, seen as an initial step towards fixing the Royal Rift, was first reported by the Daily Mail on Sunday 13 July.
First meeting between senior colleagues in years
On Wednesday, July 9, Meredith Menus, Prince Harry’s Chief of Staff and Communications Director, Tobin Andrea from Montecito, flew to interact with the Secretary of Communications of King Charles. Liam Maguire, who handled the UK Press for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, was also present in a private meeting.
Negotiations were held in a private member club Royal Over-Sease League near Clarence House. A source told the Daily Mail that there was “no formal agenda”, but both sides “wanted to open a channel of communication” for the first time in years.
The source described the meeting as the first step towards establishing reconciliation between Harry and his father, but at least it is a step in the right direction. ” The source said, “Everyone just wants to move forward and now wants to move forward. Finally it was the right time for both sides to talk.”
Regular travel or peace peace talks?
According to people, the journey to Meredith Menus was officially part of his regular duties as the Chief Communications Officer for Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Menus was in London to meet senior data related to the UK -based communication team, media contacts and Harry’s conservation.
Nevertheless, a calm meeting with King Charles’s top colleague is a clear indication that both sides may be ready to reduce the stress lasting years.
The rift within the royal family became public in 2020 when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped back from their roles as senior working royals. The distance deepened after the Bombshell interview, his Netflix documentaries and Harry’s Bestseling Memoirs, Spare.
Harry has often talked about how the couple were treated, their struggles shared with press infiltration, family disputes and impact on their mental health. A few weeks before the London meeting, Prince Harry told the BBC, “I would like to harmonize with my family. There is no point in continuing to fight anymore.”
Although it may take time to repair the relationship completely, the cool London summit is the strongest indication so far that the Duke of Sussex and King Charles can go close to finding common ground.
Also read: Rajkumar Harry invites members of the royal family to potentially expand the internet game: is the reunion on the card?

