Iran media says US has offered interim relaxation on oil sanctionsIran sent a new peace proposal to the US with terms that appear to be similar to those Washington has previously rejected, although a senior Iranian official told Reuters on Monday that the US has softened its stance on some issues.A Pakistani source confirmed that Islamabad, which has been relaying messages between the warring parties in West Asia since hosting the only round of peace talks last month, had shared the latest proposal with Washington. But the source suggested progress was difficult. “Both sides keep changing their goalposts,” the Pakistani source said. He added, “We don’t have much time.”Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghai confirmed that Tehran’s views “have been conveyed to the US side through Pakistan” but did not provide any details. Washington had no immediate comment.As the senior Iranian source pointed out, the Iranian proposal appears in many ways to be similar to Iran’s previous proposal, which US President Trump dismissed as “trash” last week. It will first focus on ending the war, reopening the Strait of Hormuz and removing maritime sanctions. Contentious issues related to Iran’s nuclear program and uranium enrichment will be deferred to a later round of talks, the source said.However, in an apparent softening of Washington’s stance, a senior Iranian source said the US had agreed to release a quarter of Iran’s frozen funds held in foreign banks – totaling tens of billions of dollars. The Iranian source also said Washington has shown more flexibility in allowing Iran to continue some peaceful nuclear activity. Separately, Iran’s Tasnim news agency quoted an unnamed source as saying that the US had agreed to lift the oil embargo on Iran while talks continued. Iranian officials did not immediately comment on Tasnim’s report, which a US official described as false, speaking on condition of anonymity.reuters