cURL Error: 0 The Brazilian prosecutor accuses former President Jer Bolsoro with the coup - PratapDarpan
9.7 C
Munich
Sunday, February 22, 2026

The Brazilian prosecutor accuses former President Jer Bolsoro with the coup

Must read

The Brazilian prosecutor accuses former President Jer Bolsoro with the coup

The Brazilian Attorney General on Tuesday formally accused the former President Jair Bolsoro and 33 others on an alleged coup attempt after the loss of 2022 elections in 2022.

The 69-year-old Bolsoro, and his co-accused, were killed with five allegations on the alleged bid to prevent President Luiz Insio Lula Da Silva from taking over after a bitter election race.

His office said in a statement that Attorney General Paulo Gono Gont Branco filed allegations in the Supreme Court on the basis of “manuscripts, digital files, spreadsheets and messages, which reveal the plan to disrupt democratic orders, “His office said in a statement.

“They describe, in detail, established and executed against Democratic institutions.”

One of the allegations is for the crime of “armed criminal organization”, which is allegedly led by Bolsoro and his Vice-Presidential candidate Walter Braga Natto.

Read in the statement

The prosecutor’s office made its decision based on a federal police report of more than 800 pages, which was issued after two years of investigation last year, which found that Bolsoro “fully in conspiracy to stay in power” Aware and actively participated from “.

Bolsono denied the allegations and said he was a victim of “oppression”.

According to the Branco’s office statement, the plot began in 2021, “through systematic attacks on electronic voting systems, through public statements and on the Internet.”

The statement said during the second round of the presidential election in October 2022, the security agencies were “mobilized to prevent voters from voting for the opposition candidate”.

Those at this stage worked for the convenience of “8 January 2023” “acts of violence and barbarity”, when Bolsonro supporters found a storm in the President’s Mahal, Congress and Supreme Court.

The Office of the Attorney General said that the criminal organization under the chairmanship of Bolsonro had pressured the army chiefs “in favor of tremendous action in the political scenario to prevent the elected President from taking office.”

The investigation also showed a conspiracy to assassinate Lula, Vice President Geraldo Alkmin and a high-profile judge, which approved “Bolsonaro”.

According to the statement, the 8 January riots by Bolsoro supporters urged the army to intervene, “final attempts”.

The Supreme Court will now weigh the allegations and decide whether to initiate proceedings against Bolsoro.

A few hours before the allegations were filed, Bolsono told reporters in the capital Brasilia that there was “no worry” about the possibility of convicting him.

(Except for the headline, the story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is published by a syndicated feed.)

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article