After The Sinners, Ryan Coogler confirms his next film is Black Panther 3
Ryan Coogler has officially confirmed that ‘Black Panther 3’ is in the works. The filmmaker revealed that the film will be his next project and hinted that Hollywood icon Denzel Washington may join the cast.

Wakanda is officially calling again. Director Ryan Coogler has confirmed that ‘Black Panther 3’ is now in active development, ending months of speculation as to whether the franchise would continue after ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’.
Coogler shared an update during a recent conversation deadlineWhere he revealed that the third film is his next project. “If it were anyone other than you, I would say, ‘I can neither confirm nor deny.’ But we are working hard on it. Yes – that’s the next movie,” he said.
This confirmation has raised excitement among fans, especially after reports last year suggested that Hollywood veteran Denzel Washington could be joining the cast. At the time, Washington indicated that negotiations were taking place, while Coogler expressed his admiration, saying he had always hoped to work with the Oscar winner. “As long as he’s interested, man, it’s going to happen. He’s a living legend,” Coogler said in a prior interview.
The return to the franchise comes with emotional weight, as the films carry on the legacy of Chadwick Boseman, who previously led ‘Black Panther’ in 2018. Boseman also played the role of T’Challa in several Marvel films, including ‘Captain America: Civil War’, ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ and ‘Avengers: Endgame’. His performance reshaped the cultural impact of superhero cinema, setting a milestone for representation on screen.
Five years after his death, Boseman will now receive a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The ceremony will take place on November 20, with Ryan Coogler and Viola Davis giving speeches in his honor. Boseman’s wife, Simone Ledward-Boseman, will accept the award.
Coogler’s last film was ‘Sinners’, starring Michael B. Jordan.


